Welcome to the Harshe Blog! We decided to begin blogging because we want to keep all of our friends and family updated on how God is working through us everyday. How He moves us, how He blesses us, and how He is always faithful.
We look forward to the adventure God is taking our family on and cannot wait to see how His glory is revealed to us every day!

(Psalms 56:3,4 ESV)
(Matthew 28:18-20 ESV)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

His Mercies are new every morning!

Looking back at the past year (or few years for Jesse and I) it has been an adventure! God’s plan for us has shown to be, as it always does, much bigger than the plans that Jesse or I had for ourselves.  In the last few blogs we explained a little bit about the amazing journey that God has taken us on, and looking back at the HUGE changes that have happened (even in the past year) we are so excited to see God’s plan unfold in 2012.

Baby Update: The baby is doing just great! The pregnancy has been such a blessing, and I couldn’t have asked for a better or more amazing experience!  We were able to find out that it is a little boy, and my due date is now February 26th! This puts me at the 38.5-week mark right now, and we couldn’t be more excited for his arrival!  We decided to name him Benaiah Daniel.  Benaiah was one of King David’s warriors in the Old Testament, and has a pretty cool short story in 2 Samuel 23 if you want to look it up! (Thanks again PK for the series on that – I couldn’t have ever agreed on a name like Noah or Caleb ;) )  But I LOVE being a stay at home wife and mom-to-be! I could not be more blessed to have a husband like Jesse who is working so hard to provide for our family!

Jesse and I have been trying out churches since we moved west.  Although it has been discouraging at times, we recently started going to a church that will be our home church while in Albuquerque.  The weekly women’s bible study started 2 weeks ago, and I have already been blessed by meeting the women in the class!  God is so good!

Jesse’s contract for Albuquerque is one year long, so hopefully by June we will know a little more about whether we will be blessed to be in Albuquerque for another year, moving somewhere else with Jesse’s current employer, or if God has another plan altogether! Whatever happens – we know that God is working all things together for our good.  Wherever we go we know that God is with us, and that His plan is the perfect plan.  Sometimes it is hard not knowing what is coming – but I have learned that it really is best for me to only have enough light for the step I’m on.  If I know more of the plan I can try to control the situation and lean less on the Lord’s guidance and provision.

I will try to update this more often during 2012 – I’m better at updating with pictures ;) but if you ever wonder what the Harshes are up to feel free to message or call us!  In everything we have to remember that God will supply all of our needs according to HIS riches, (Philippians 4:19 “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus) and that He has a plan for every step we take. (Proverbs 16:9 “A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE you guys!! So glad you guys found a church!! Can't wait to "meet" little Ben!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! God really has blessed you guys and I know He will continue to bless you in the upcoming changes and unknowns. Love you guys and I am praying for you all the time :)

    ReplyDelete