Welcome to the Harshe Blog! We decided to begin blogging because we want to keep all of our friends and family updated on how God is working through us everyday. How He moves us, how He blesses us, and how He is always faithful.
We look forward to the adventure God is taking our family on and cannot wait to see how His glory is revealed to us every day!

(Psalms 56:3,4 ESV)
(Matthew 28:18-20 ESV)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How He loves us!

These past few weeks have been a little different, with Jesse in New Mexico and me in Ohio, but God has definitely blessed me with a support team of friends and family, and it has been an exciting couple of weeks.  

Buddy and I were able to visit Tracy and Jason Gabrick in Indiana over Labor Day weekend.  What a blessing! Buddy loved spending time with other dogs, and I was so happy to get to see my Boo and Jason! They showed me tons of great places to eat in Indiana, and their church was great as well!  It really was a blessing to be able to see them before Buddy and I make our trek back West.

Last Saturday, our church had a car wash "Washing for Wells" to build wells in Zambia, to give clean drinking water to so many who have to go without. Wow!  God definitely can multiply the little that we bring him!  Although the car wash was not as busy as we were hoping, by the last count I believe that we had raised enough for THREE wells! With donations still coming in!!

That night, Kendra invited me to go to Get Real, InC.  (That stands for Get Real in Christ).  It is a ministry for middle and high school girls here in Findlay.  Girls gave their testimonies, and it was a great night of getting girls together and worshipping God.  While there, Kendra and I started talking with some women from The Women's Resource Center, and we told them a little about us, the bullet points of the places Jesse and I have lived (and will be living soon).  Then Kendra told them about Peanut, and they were so happy for us! :)

One of the women working there, Linda told us about a Heartbeat Bill that they are trying to get passed which would make it illegal in Ohio to have an abortion after you could detect a fetal heartbeat.  Right now abortion is legal throughout all nine months of pregnancy (http://www.ohiolife.org/ohio-abortion-law/).  Linda asked if I would be interested in coming to Columbus to have an ultrasound on Peanut as part of the presentation of the bill.  Of course I agreed!! What an amazing opportunity!  They were looking for someone around 15 weeks, and I will be 16 weeks and 5 days on Tuesday! 

What an amazing God we serve, and how humbling that I can even be a part of it!  I spoke with her today, and she is going to be sending me an email with all of the information, but in case Peanut is shy, or they can't see Peanut as well as they would like, there will be another girl or two who they will have so that we can use the strongest case possible for presentation.  But even if Peanut and I don't end up being the ultrasound on the big screen, I am SO excited to go down and pray for and support this bill!  Kendra and I (and anyone else who would like to join!) will be heading down on Tuesday morning!  All of your prayers are needed! 

God's timing is perfect.  When Jesse and I decided that we would let God truly write the story of family, we had no idea that the Women's Resource Center would need a pregnant lady about 15 weeks along, to come and support the heartbeat bill.  When we found out in our first ultrasounds that we were not as far along as we thought, the nurse said that it was due to delayed or late ovulation.  Little did she (or we) know that it was actually perfectly timed Peanut! Esther 4:14 and Ecclesiastes 3:1-2 definitely show themselves true. As God is always true, always good, and always perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear that you have the opportunity to help support the Heartbeat Bill! I was reading more about their Rally on September 20th and it sounds like it will be an amazing experience to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is so SO perfect! And Sovereign! And Faithful!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete